There is a lot of debate about baby walkers. Some believe that it might injure the baby while others find it entertaining for the baby. So before buying one, you should have your hands on the buying guide so that you buy the best baby walker that is out in the market.
- Should be user friendly: First of all, you should buy a baby walker that can operate easily. It shouldn’t be heavy or such that cause too much friction on the ground. Your baby must enjoy sitting on that walker. So a user-friendly baby walker can be an advantage. The walkers that cause friction while on the ground are prone to accidents. This might discourage your baby from sitting on it.
- Broad-Based walker: Select a baby walker that has a broad base. This prevents the baby from falling. A broad base will give baby support while walking. It will prevent him/her from getting through doorways. That will keep the baby safe in one room.
- Safety first: When buying baby walker safety should at the utmost priority. Look for safety features installed in the baby walker like wheel locks or safety belts. This will protect the baby from accidents.
- Non-hazardous material: The skin of an infant is very sensitive. So keeping that in mind, you should buy the best quality baby walker. Buying baby walkersthat are made up of non-toxic materials will do the job. It should have non-toxic paint on it. Or else, there might be rashes or some other effects on the skin. The walker should non-hazardous overall.
- Comfort of the baby: The comfort of the baby should not be compromised while buying a walker. So avoid buying baby walkers that have uneven edges or rough stitches on the seat. This will result in an unhappy experience, and the baby will not further sit on the walker.
- Adjustable height: The baby walker must be so that you can use it in the long run. So buying anadjustable baby walkeris a great choice. With the baby’s growing height, you can use adjust the height of the walker.
- Portability: Portable baby walkers are an extra benefit. You might have to carry the baby walker every time you travel to someplace. So buying a foldable baby walker can help in carrying it and also saves space.
Baby walkers: Are they safe?
Baby walkers are great for entertaining and distracting the baby. But they have major drawbacks. The pattern of muscle development is often correlated with mental development. So putting a baby or a toddler on a baby walker before he is mentally prepared to walk disturbs his mobile development. This leads to injuries. Along with this, the real problem occurs when parents misuse baby walkers. Most parents put their baby in a baby walker and feel free to look away. This can be dangerous. So if you really need a baby walker to make sure you try to abide by the guide so that your baby remains safe while in the walker.
These above-mentioned baby walkers are thus the best transitional development toys that help support the transition from standing to walking of babies.