There are mainly three types of ceiling fans, namely:
- Standard Ceiling Fans: These are the most common ceiling fans used in Indian houses. They comprise three to five blades, which makes it ideal for bedrooms and dining spaces. Standard ceiling fans come in amazing designs and colors. So, getting the perfect one for your home won’t be a problem.
- Directional Ceiling Fans: These fans are smaller compared to standard ceiling fans. These types of fans are not meant for huge spaces. If a particular area needs ventilation, then these directional fans can come in handy.
- Dual Motor Ceiling Fans: These types of fans are ideal for parlors. They comprised of two-directional fans fixed with the help of small rods, which is again connected to the single main rod.
- Energy Star Rated Ceiling Fans: The directional and standard ceiling fans that meet the requirement of the energy star rated ceiling fans are listed below.
- Commercial and Industrial Ceiling Fans: As the name suggests, this type of fan is ideal for huge spaces like shopping malls, school auditoriums, and industrial buildings. They have six to eight blades for high airflow. These fans are suitable for rooms with elevated ceilings.
- Remote Controlled Ceiling Fans: These are standard fans or dual motor ceiling fans but with a variant. The variant is that you can control it with the help of a remote. You can also add a lighting kit if you want to make it look more attractive and fit in with the interior of the house.
The size of Your Room
You must know the square footage of your room to get the right ceiling fan. For that measure, the length and width of your room then multiply it by 2 meters. So, according to your room, you can always go with a larger fan, but the wrong fit can significantly jeopardize the overall quality of air flow within the room.
The Warranty on the Product
It depends on manufacturer to manufacturer. We would suggest you go for at least a brand which provides two years of warranty on the product. Moreover, you can also check the reviews if you have some doubts.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What are the benefits of using the remote control?
Well, remote fans are a convenient way to control the fan. It would be easy for you to control the fan during the night time when you’re about to sleep, and you want to lower the speed of your fan. You don’t want to get up at that time; the remote control comes in handy.
2) What are the best brands for ceiling fans in India?
Havells, Orient, Atomberg, Bajaj, and Gorilla are some of the best brands in India. They have quality products at an affordable price.
3) Should I shop online or offline?
It is your choice whether you want to buy a ceiling fan online or from a local shop. They both have advantages and disadvantages. If you go online shopping, then you can’t see the pictures of the product, and after you get the product, returning it would be a problem. If you get a fan from a local shop, then obviously you can get professional help, but you won’t get a discount and a variety of models as you get. But returning it and asking for an exchange won’t be a problem. So, choose what suits you best.
4) How can I get the right ceiling fan for my home?
Getting a ceiling fan by just looking at its color and style won’t be good. You have to consider other factors as well. The motor used, the finishing, its speed, the size of the blades, and the airflow. You also need to know how trustworthy is the brand that you’re willing to buy products from. How many years of warranty is there on the product? Is their service good or not? Then only you can make a good purchase.
5) Why does my fan make weird noise while it is in use?
It is okay; every fan makes noise while it’s in use. But if it is making some weird noise, then contact your dealer to give you a visit. There would be many reasons; it can be because of improper mounting, cheap quality motor, bent blades, etc.
6) Can I add light to the ceiling fan?
Yes, you can add light to the ceiling fan. You need to buy a light kit for that. Generally, there are three variants you can choose from: LED, fluorescent, and halogen. This is not mandatory, but for people who wants to make their space look more attractive and comfortable.
7) Is it possible to get a custom size down rod?
Down rods, if not threaded at both the ends, can be custom cut. But you cannot purchase a down rod at a custom length.
The Bottom Line
You can rely on this article if you have any questions in regard to ceiling fans. Most people love ceiling fans with stylish finishing, whereas some don’t. You can get a lot of variants. You can add lighting as well if you want to make your space look attractive.
Moreover, ceiling fans come with different finishing. So, choose the best one as per your need and budget. We hope this article was helpful.