If you want to purchase a refrigerator in India, you will come across both single and double-door refrigerators in the market. The primary difference between the two is that the single door ones are more suitable for couples or a family of not more than three members. There are several benefits of having a double door refrigerator, especially the ones which are convertible.
- Capacity: It is evident that double door refrigerators have a much larger space for storage than the single door ones. Most double door fridges have a capacity of more than 250 liters, which is enough for a family of five or six people.
- More Cooling: Maintaining hygiene is one of the primary features of these refrigerators, and that is why it uses advanced technology to ensure that every food item in the fridge is uniformly cooled. Food can be preserved for a much longer time in these refrigerators.
- Frost-Free: You might have noticed that the old single door refrigerators had one horrible problem, and that is defrosting. There was no way to maintain the temperature of the deep freezer, and the food items were frozen beyond recovery. But in this case, the double door refrigerators use smart technology that prevents massive ice formation in the freezer.
Maintenance Tips for Double Door Refrigerators
You can make sure that your double door fridge works perfectly for a long time. There are certain things that you can do to ensure their durability.
1) Door seals must be checked: If the door seal of your fridge is loose, then it will use more power and waste electricity. You should always repair flexible door seals by professionals at the right time.
2) Check the coil: You should always make sure that the Condenser coil is cleaned and checked at least twice a year. Accumulation of dust on the coil will hamper the efficient working of the refrigerator.
3) Gasket must be checked: The refrigerator will consume more power if the gasket is improperly sealed, and the cold air will escape. If the gasket is damaged, you must get it replaced as soon as possible.
4) Setting the right temperature: In double door refrigerators, you can set different temperatures for the regular fridge and the freezer. Therefore, you should make sure that the optimal temperature is set.
Buying Guide for the Best Double Door Refrigerator
Now that we have discussed some of the maintenance tips and advantages of a double door fridge, let’s get into the factors that you should consider before buying one:
The capacity of any refrigerator is always indicated in liters, and that is why the higher the number of liters, the more space for storage. A double door fridge has a storage capacity ranging from 235 liters to 495 liters. If you don’t want to run out of storage space and if you have a large family, then a double door fridge is perfect for you.
We recommend that you choose refrigerators that have Inverter compressors as this kind of technology helps the compressor to function at various speeds according to the cooling load. This feature allows you to save 20 to 30 percent of electricity. So, while making your next purchase, make sure to choose your refrigerator accordingly.
Most double door fridges have this function, and this is the most important of all the other features of a double door. With the help of this function, you can change the deep freezer into a regular fridge within no time if you want some more storage space. Neither less to say, any convertible refrigerator can always come handy.
This is an essential factor to consider if you want to know how much power or electricity will be consumed by your refrigerator. A 5-star BEE rating means that your fridge is much more efficient than one with a 1 star. Usually, three stars or 4-star ratings are enough if you want something affordable as well as energy-efficient.
If you have too many voltage fluctuations in the area that you reside in, then you should buy a double door fridge that has a stabilizer that is built-in. This feature in a refrigerator will make sure that your refrigerator is not damaged in any way when the voltage goes up or down.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Is buying a convertible refrigerator better and more viable?
A convertible fridge is definitely a viable choice since you can adjust the temperature of the deep freezer and the regular fridge according to your needs. On the other hand, if you want additional space to store more food items, then convertible refrigerators let you transform the freezer into a standard fridge completely.
2) What is the size of the deep freezer in a double door fridge?
The majority of the double door fridges in India have a ratio of 80:20 for the refrigerator and deep freezer, respectively. The reason behind this is that many Indian are completely vegetarians and they usually look for refrigerators which come with a larger vegetable compartment. You can never find a fridge with a 50:50 ratio in India.
3) Is cooling better in a double door refrigerator?
Absolutely. Double door fridges have the capacity to cool faster because they have electrical fans. These refrigerators can make freeze ice in just an hour. Single door fridges use the process of natural convection, and that is why they take more time to cool down food items. They may take more than two hours to make ice.
4) How long can vegetables stay fresh in a double door refrigerator?
Since all double door fridges use advanced technology and are frost-free, the freshness of fruits or green vegetables is retained for a much longer time than the single door ones. The vegetable compartment is made in a way so that the moisture inside it is always balanced by locking the moisture that otherwise might get evaporated. So, you should definitely choose a double door refrigerator because they have larger vegetable boxes and can keep vegetables fresh for up to 10 or sometimes even 15 days.
So, it is evident that double door refrigerators are more convenient and are quite profitable if you want to buy a fridge for the long term. This guide will help you to choose the right and the best double door for you that can not only provide a solution to your refrigeration needs but also add a certain touch of elegance to your modern kitchen and your house as a whole.
With the help of the features and specifications that are mentioned under each and every product and the comprehensive guide to buying a double door fridge, you will be able to choose the best product that is worth your money.