As said, there are numerous brands and models in India that deal in the emergency lights. And if you haven’t bought any emergency light before, and are planning to buy the best ones for yourself, then you should keep a few things in mind that can help you choose the best emergency light in India. So, here’s a quick buyers’ guide that can help you shortlist some of the best emergency lights for your home.
- Battery & Charging – Make sure to check the battery life of the emergency light. You must check for the battery life and compatibility of the operating time according to the long power cuts in your area.Also, make sure that the charging time is justified.
- Additional features – Make sure that the emergency light you are planning to buy has lots of additional features that are useful during a power cut. This will enhance the overall value of the product, and you will get a perfect emergency light for your home.
- Usability – Make sure that the emergency light that is easy to use and has the features that can be useful in the emergency conditions.
- Battery Operation Time: For emergency lights, its longevity is an important factor to consider. In the case of normal lights, its illuminating capacity is a primary indicator of quality. But for emergency light, an important factor is how much it can operate. If you are stuck in darkness for long hours, you need a chargeable light that can sustain for long. Indicators for longevity are the bulb used, the battery quality, charging type, and size of the lamp. For best results, pick a light with a good battery, long duration of power, and low energy consumption bulb.
- Brightness and light source: Coming as a secondary indicator, you need to check how bright the light is. The bulb used in the emergency light can indicate that. LED lights work best for this purpose. The bulb should be such that it gives bright light but consume nominal energy. Never go for lights that have filament-based bulbs. There remains a chance of burning out. Another factor is that the bulb should consume minimum power. The ideal behavior is that it should consume uniform power.
- Auto charging and auto start features: Choosing a charger that had auto charging and auto-start feature is no doubt a benefit. These features are very useful. You can simply plug the light for charging, and once there is a power cut, it would automatically turn on the light. You will have to face no hassles of repeated charging or turning the switch on or off. You can get such the best rechargeable emergency light Amazon.
- Over-charge or discharge features: An emergency light with its own safety features is one of the best picks. It would automatically turn the switch on/off once there is over-discharging or overcharging of the light. This increases the life of the battery. It is also convenient for users.
- Build quality of the light: Considering the build of the light is an important factor before buying the best emergency light in India. Sturdy build material, which is durable and strong, is a good choice. Buying a cheap plastic build light is no doubt good for the pocket, but it will not be durable. It might break during an emergency,
- Waterproof material: Ideally, an emergency light should be waterproof in its build. Waterproof means that the build of the light would be such that it would not allow water to enter inside. This will be reflected by the fact that the light should be well-packed with no internal machinery exposed in the outside.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Maintained light vs. non-maintained light?
Maintained emergency lights are generally integrated into the main system and immediately activates when there is a power failure. They are generally non-portable and are amalgamated with a place’s power system. These are found in movie theaters or workplaces.
Non maintained lights are used in regular households. They require manual activation. They are portable and mostly held by hands. They are mainly for individual uses.
2) How much time do emergency lights need to be charged?
This varies with the emergency light model and company. It totally depends on their battery and power consumption capabilities. In general, a medium-duty emergency light has a power backup of 90 minutes on a full charge. But there are other heavy-duty lights that can provide light for 12 hours.
So, these were the five best emergency lights in India. Choose the one that suits you the most and is in your budget.