How To Choose A Fully automatic Washing Machine – Important Features to Consider
Like we discussed it already, fully automatic washing machines are two types – front load and top load washing machines. Each of these are available in different brands and each of these brands also has different models. When buying a fully automatic washing machine, you should keep certain features in mind and let us have a look at them now.
Front-load or top load washing machine
Irrespective of the type of washing machine, each of these washing machines have their own pros and cons. You should first decide whether you want to buy a front load washing machine or a top load washing machine.
In top load washing machines, the washing capacity is low, needs a lot of water, consumes more power as it takes more time for washing and the quality of wash is not as high as in the front load washing machines. It is exactly opposite with the front load washing machine.
It consumes just 1/3rd of the water that is consumed by the top load machine, less power, and the wash quality is really good. But it is just the price tag that is high for the front load washing machines.
The next thing to concentrate on is the drum size or the capacity of the washing machine and this is usually measured in kgs. How many clothes you put in the washing machine in one wash should decide the drum size. That means the size of your family will decide the drum size for you. But it is not just the number of people in the house, but the weight of the clothes that help you decide the right number.
Different wash programs
You should always be able to set a different mode for each type of fabric as some fabrics are very delicate and need some extra care while washing them. There is no point in spending high on a fully automatic washing machine if you will not be able to set the wash mode or if you will have to wash them manually. So, check this feature before you are actually going to buy a washing machine.
When you are using a fully automatic washing machine for the first time, you may not be aware of how much amount of detergent has to be put in as these machines come with some extra features that do not need much detergent. Using less than required or more can lead to bad wash quality. Hence, having an auto detergent dispenser facility will help in getting the best results.
The material of the wash drum
Wash drums come in many different materials like stainless steel, plastic or porcelain-coated. Stainless steel is rust free and they will last for years. Porcelain-coated is not really a good choice as they spoil really fast. A few high-end washing models use plastic and this is a good choice as they also last for a long time.
Hard water treatment
Hard water is easily available in India, but the washing machines available in India do not handle hard water. That is because the detergent is not easily dissolved in the hard water. The pipes choke and the drum also gets damaged due to the residue of undissolved detergent.
So, you should buy a washing machine that can handle hard water. The washing machines nowadays are equipped with the latest technologies and they use hard water treatment technologies. This will convert the hard water easily into soft water and washes the clothes. So, the clothes remain clean and also the machine does not get damaged.
Vibration and noise levels
Vibration and noise levels can be very irritating if they are really high. You should choose a washing machine with minimal vibration levels and low noise levels. Most of the brands today will offer you low noise and fewer vibration levels. Hence check this feature before buying a washing machine.
You should be able to set the temperature individually for each wash program. Depending on the cloth type or how much dirt is to be cleaned, you should set a high temperature. For infant clothes also you need to make sure that the temperature is high. So, choose a washing machine where you will be able to set the temperatures.
Price and Brand
Price and brand are two important features to look for when you are buying a washing machine. The price is usually high when it is a fully automatic washing machine. But if you are going for a fully automatic front load washing machine, then the price is going to more when compared to the top load washing machine.
Also, the brand plays an important role in the price as some brands are expensive. So, check the features along with the price in order to choose the best washing machine for your home.
How to Use Fully Automatic Washing Machine
Owning a washing machine is the topmost priority of every household. But, do you know 50 percent of people fail to use the washing machine correctly? The reason behind it is the lack of proper information about it. Whether you have an automatic or semi-automatic washing machine, following the proper procedure is the most crucial step.
We are expressly going to give you some tips and advice to use an automatic washing machine ideally. The following are the steps to follow while using an automatic washing machine:
Automatic washing machines are usually of two kinds- top loading and front loading. Both of these have quite similar steps of use. However, there are some differences in the steps to follow. Let us look at each of them one by one:
Top loading washing machine:
- First, you will need to add the right kind of laundry detergent. We advise using organic detergents that are not too harsh to the clothes. You can add the laundry detergent either in the drum directly or in the laundry dispenser, depending upon the functionality of your washing machine.
- The next step is the addition of clothes to the washer drum. Always make sure to avoid 100 percent filling of clothes in the washer drum. There should be 25 percent of space left to help in effective washing.
- You can switch the order of the two steps mentioned above. The third step is to choose an accurate wash cycle. Different washing machines offer various features. Select an appropriate cycle according to the number and types of cloth in the drum. The machine will set the time automatically and display it for your convenience.
- After the completion of the wash cycle, you can either use the dryer mode or pick out the clothes to dry them under natural sunlight. Make sure to turn off the machine after use.
Front loading washing machine:
- Take the appropriate dose of detergent and put it inside the dispenser.
- Next, put all the clothes inside the horizontal washer drum of the washing machine. Do not overload the drum as it can directly affect the cleaning potency.
- Make sure to select the right temperature. Usually, there are 3 modes of temperature; cool, warm, and hot. Pick according to the type and fabric of clothes that you have stuffed inside.
- Select the category of the spin cycle; it can either be fast, moderate or slow. To know more about it, read the instructions given on the manual of your washing machine carefully.
- After this, you are ready to press the start button. The machine will decide the time; you can carry on with your other work in the meantime. Once, the machine beeps, make sure to unload the clothes immediately to prevent bad odor.
Keep these points in mind to ensure proper use:
- Wash the overstained clothes in prewash mode before running the usual cycle.
- Laundry bags are provided for delicate and lacy fabrics.
- Let the washing machine door stay open for some time after the laundry.
- Ensure regular cleaning of the washing machine to enhance its efficacy.
- Never overload your machine! It can stop the machine in mid-cycle.
- Say no to fabric softener directly over the dirty clothes.
- Make sure to check there are no coins, pins, jewelry, eraser, pen, and such little things in the pocket. It can choke the machine hose.
- Never feel doubtful to invest money on its servicing. Try to fix little problems by yourself. Call a technician if it does not seems possible.
We hope you gathered a lot of information on the washing machine uses today. Thank you for reading!
Fully Automatic Washing Machine FAQ
1. Is it a better choice to choose a semi-automatic washing machine over a fully automatic washing machine?
Well, the sweet and straightforward answer to this question is that the fully automatic washing machine is the best choice to buy rather than semi-automatic. If you already have a semi-automatic washing machine at your home, that is the primary machine for all your home laundry.
And now, if you are thinking of replacing it with the fully automatic ones, then it will be an excellent decision for you. It’s because the fully-automatic washing machine doesn’t require extra care or your physical presence to complete the wash cycle you set. On the other hand, you need to be around the semi-automatic machine until it completes the wash cycle.
But in case if you don’t have enough budget to spend on the fully automatic washing machine, then you should definitely choose the semi-automatic ones because it will cost you very low as compared to the fully automatic washing machine.
2. How much water a fully automatic washing machine takes to complete a full wash cycle?
If you consider the water consumption of a fully automatic washing machine and the semi-automatic ones, you will find no significant difference present. But if you want to invest your money to buy a washing machine that must consume less water to complete the full wash cycle, you should go with the front load fully automatic washing machine.
It’s because the front load type of fully automatic washing machine only consumes 60 liters of water for each wash cycle.
If you compared the water consumption of the front load washing machine to the semi-automatic and the top load fully automatic ones, then you will find out the considerable difference. The standard semi-automatic washing machine usually consumes up to 120-liter water, and the top load fully automatic ones consume nearly 140 liters. The difference is in front of you, now it is your choice, on which you want to invest your money.
3. Can low water pressure damage the fully automatic washing machine?
Yeah, if the water pressure is too low, then in some cases, it can cause damages to the fully automatic washing machine. But most of the time, the low water pressure can increase the time that the fully automatic washing machine usually takes to complete a full wash cycle.
If you don’t want it to happen to you because of the lower water pressure, you can do something to solve this issue. The best thing that you can do in the case of low water pressure is using the additional water pump.
If your municipality’s water connection is not that strong or you live far away from the main water releasing center of the municipality, you could get a low amount of water compared to people who leave a bit near the water releasing center. In this case, it would be a great option if you use the ideally strong water pump and connect the water supply directly to the washing machine.
4. What should a person do when the electricity goes off, and the fully automatic washing machine is working?
First of all, unplug the washing machine, by doing this, you don’t need to worry about the surge when the electricity comes back. But in case if your fully automatic washing machine doesn’t have the memory function, then you have to start or set the wash cycle from starting.
Or, if you remember the time when the electricity goes off, then you can set the remaining time to complete the wash cycle ideally. However, it would be great for you if you choose the memory function of a fully automatic washing machine that will automatically start the wash cycle from where it left when the electricity went off.
Fully automatic washing machines can be very advantageous for you if you and your spouse, both are working professionals and you hardly find time for other works at home. While you are busy cooking meals or when you are spending time with family, you need not have to worry about laundry.
Just put all the clothes in the washing machine and it will start its work with just one button. There are a number of brands that sell the best washing machines in the market. Some of them are quite expensive and a few are available at a very cheaper rate. The cheaper ones may be attractive, but they may not have all the advanced and latest features that can ease your task.
Just make sure that you pick the right brand with the right features and a price tag. Compare a few models and their features before you decide on one washing machine for your family.