In case you intend to use the hand blender regularly, it is essential you opt for an efficient one. If you want to use it once in a way, you should focus on getting one that is affordable and functions properly. You also need to decide what you would be using the hand blender for – blending soups and sauces or mixing smoothies, cake and pizza dough or whisking cream, and yoghurt.
Here are some things to consider when buying the best hand blender are as follows:
Corded or Cordless Hand Blender
In case you don’t have a power outlet in the kitchen, opt for a cordless blender. Otherwise, a corded blender is perfect. Corded blenders are more convenient, as they are portable and you can take them to outdoors. However, you should go for a corded or cordless hand blender based on your preference.
Check the wattage of the hand blender. The higher the wattage, the better results the hand blender will yield. However, if you are not particular about the wattage, opt for a blender with a minimum 125-watt motor.
Blade cage refers to the house of the blade. It should be designed in such a way that there is sufficient space between the blades for ingredients to get in. That is when it will blend to your liking. Don’t go for stainless steel blades if you tend to use non-stick cookware. But do remember, plastic blade cage will not be as durable as a stainless steel one.
A blender should have a minimum of a two-speed setting. The higher the rotations per minute (RPM), the better will be the blending.
Weight of the Hand Blender
Make sure the blender is lightweight so that you don’t find it tedious and tiring to hold if you are going to be using it for an extended period. The weight of the hand blender should not be more than 2kgs if you are looking at ease of use.
Safety Measures and Tips to Adapt while Using a Hand Blender
- Use the hand blender at a lower speed when you are working with hot liquid. If the hot liquid spatters, you can experience some serious burns.
- Avoid using an electric blender frequently within a short period. This way, the motor keeps from overheating, preventing damage. To get a genuine warranty on your product, search for the best electric blender in India.
- If you are using an electric blender, always keep its capacity in mind. If you put extra pressure on it, the blender is most likely to burn off. The ideal use of a blender is whipping eggs, cream, and not meringue with a thick consistency.
- Immediate washing is always recommended. If you leave your blender standing after using it, the food content will harden on the blades. It can also make the wand hard. Moreover, the hardened food residue is stubborn to clean.
- When using a hand blender, keep moving the bowl within the container. Do not keep it still in one fixed spot. The continuous moving will help in blending evenly and won’t leave bits of food. For the best quality blenders, choose one from the top 10 hand blenders list.
- Always choose hand blenders for huge quantities. The head of the hand blender won’t immerse completely in the bowl of liquid and food. Choose one from the list of best hand blender for whipping cream. It is better to wait before the food content cools down. Hot ingredients are not always safe around blenders.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Can ice be crushed using a hand blender?
The only answer is no. The hand blender, if used to crush ice, will undoubtedly get damaged.
2) Can the parts of the blender be washed in a dishwasher?
Not all brands provide a dishwasher, safe material. Before buying, you can search for the best blender in India 2023 and read the dos and don’ts given for each.
If you are unsure which is the best hand blender for your needs, use the key factors we have mentioned to select a blender. We believe the Black + Decker is the best blender for chopping, blending, and whisking. You can even immerse the SS blades in hot ingredients to blend and whisk with ease. The eight different speeds along with the two-year warranty make it a definite winner.