Finding the right ceiling fan can get tedious at times, especially if you are looking for a high-speed fan. So, in this section, we have properly curated all these points while buying the best ceiling fan for your space.
1) Choosing the Right Ceiling Fan for Your Home
Rooms up to 75 sq. ft. = 29 in – 36 in
Rooms 76 sq. ft. – 144 sq. ft. = 36 in – 42 in
Rooms 144 sq. ft. – 225 sq. ft. = 44 in
Rooms 225 sq. ft. – 400 sq. ft. = 50 in – 54 in
You have to keep a few things in mind while buying the right fan for your home. The ceiling fans come in various sizes from 14 to 72 inches. First, measure the square footage of your room. To do that, you have to measure the height and breadth of your room and multiply it by two meters. That way, you will get the square footage of your room, which would help you in finding the right fan for your home.
2) The Spare Parts
Make sure that the product comes with how many years of warranty and if the spare parts are available or not. It is very important that you go with a model that is widely available out there in the market. This, in turn, make it fairly easy to get the spare parts for repair.
3) Don’t Compromise on the Quality
Don’t compromise on the quality. Low-cost products would worn out within a few years of usage. Then again, you have to change it. It would be better if you go for a quality product which would smoothly work for years. So, invest more in quality products in spite of looking for low-cost fan options.
4) Number of Blades
The number of blades a fan consist impact the functionality of the fan. Generally, most people go for fans with three or four blades. But you have a lot of options. Some people go for fans with five blades as well. The more number of blades, the lesser would be the air circulation but a quieter option. You need to check whether the blade has a low drag shape or not. The low drag shape of the blade helps in the performance of the fan.
5) Types of Motor
The motor is the powerhouse of the fan. The durability, efficiency, and even the airflow of the fan are influenced by the type of motor you’re using. There are two types of motor. One is the BLDC motor, which rotates continuously with good speed and low noise. The other variety is the Single-Phase induction motor. This uses a certain number of winding poles and wires to supply a single voltage to the fan’s rotors.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Is it easy to install a ceiling fan?
The installation time varies as per the model and the number of parts that come with it. Just follow the instructions manual while installing the ceiling fan.
2) Why does the ceiling fan Makes noise while in use?
Most fans make noise while it’s in use. But the noise of the fan solely depends on the model you are using. There are fans available in the market that don’t make any noise. If your fan is making more noise than before, then we would suggest you contact the dealer.
3) My fan is running slow. What can be done?
The reason can be your faulty capacitor. You can call the electrician to change the capacitor.
4) How to maintain ceiling fans?
It is important that you maintain your ceiling fan on a regular basis so that it can last long.
- The motor installed in the fan shall be greased routinely. This is done to ensure suave working. The motor, which comes with a sealed bearing, need no lubrication or very less maintenance.
- If your fan has become noisier, then you can make out that your fan is not working efficiently like before. You can alter the ball bearings inside the fan if it’s making a lot of noise.
- We would suggest you not to change the blade of the ceiling fans. The company fixes all the blades beforehand so that the fan can function effectively. Changing the blades can degrade the functionality of the ceiling fans.
- You should use Step type switching in spite of the knob type electronic fan regulator. That way, you can save energy.
- It is important to verify the electric switches used for the ceiling fan to ensure that the speeds are fluctuating on change or not. If not, then it’s fine, but if the speeds are fluctuating, then the fan would consume more energy.
5) What are the advantages of the ceiling fans?
There are a lot of advantages to the ceiling fans.
- It keeps the moisture low inside the room.
- It allows ventilation.
- It has a cooling tenacity, which won’t let you sweat.
- Upholding the descent circulation in your room.
These are all the products that the current market has to offer. They are budget-friendly and easy to install. This is a well-researched article so you can buy any product from the list above. But still, if the products haven’t got all the requirements that you’re looking for, then we would advise you to buy according to your own choice. We hope this article was helpful. Once you get everything right, you are always good to go.