For those who do not know, it is a simple process of enclosing and bonding documents or paper between two pieces of clear plastic film. The purpose of the plastic film is to add strength, rigidity, and protection to the paper or document bonded between it.
Benefits of having a lamination machine
- Lamination is a process that protects the paper or document enclosed between it
- A lamination machine enables the user to laminate any paper, therefore, increase the durability of the print material.
- Lamination adds protection to the print material against smudges, fingerprint, stains, tears, and wrinkles.
- Laminating through lamination machine will enhance the appearance of the print material as they are designed to enhance the color of the print.
- Lamination increases the lifetime of the print material
- If you are a person who prefers carrying documents like driving license, voters ID, and Aadhaar card. Then you know in its original condition it could tear and prove useless, however, laminating these documents can help you increase its life.
Recommended print material that should be laminated
- Government documents
- Education and training material
- Maps and bookmarks
- Reusable hash tags
- Safety instructions
- Maintenance procedure
- Warning signs
- Sales presentation materials
With all these things shared, I would like to remind you that it is not easy to select the best lamination machine from the market today.
How to Choose the Right Laminating Machine in India?
We live in an era where we have lots of relevant documents to take care of, and it gets withered with time. We always take lots of care for such documents or want an extra layer of protection to provide them a longer shelf life. Having a laminating machine at home will help you a lot to protect such documents, and you can also save time & ample amounts of money. Choosing the right lamination machine can be headscratchers for someone new in this lamination world. So, to solve your problem, here are some essential points that you should remember while going for a laminating machine.
Types of laminating machines
The selection of this machine should be based on how often your machine is in use on an average day. After the knowledge and purpose of your usage, certain machines are recommended for every type. For the heavy-duty office tasks, thermal laminators are considered best. However, some less expensive once are best for occasional use in the home, so choose wisely.
There are two types available in the category lamination as follows:
cold and the thermal one. If we have some sensitive documents like photos that can fade colors because of heat, cold laminators are very helpful in those cases. However, there are many laminators available in the market that can work in both modes. To use cold lamination, you have to have a self-adhesive laminating sheet, but thermal lamination will give you the greatest durability and clarity.
Buying Guide for the Best Laminating Machine
Now you may have a question that, what to see while you are choosing the best laminating machine for you. So, it is a straightforward process. To reduce your load, we have generated some required buying guidelines, which may help you to choose your desired one.
In any lamination process, paper size plays an essential role. As we all have most of our documents in A4 size, that will be good for most of us. We always need to keep one thing in mind about lamination that always chooses the larger lamination sheet for paper size.
Try to get a laminating machine with a minimum of 160 microns or more than that. Because if we don’t choose the perfect laminating paper thickness, then there are chances where the document might get damage. So, always select the ideal paper thickness.
Everyone is in a hurry. By taking that entity under reference, then speed also the vital entity. You should check the speed of laminating so you can save more time.
Frequency of Use
Mostly, these machines take more than 5 minutes for heating. If you are willing to buy this for intense use then, it is better to select a device with less heating time of 1 to 3 minutes.
Heat up time always affects the quality lamination with speed. With that, it also becomes a necessary thing to focus on the heat up time ratios. The laser’s heating time is speedy. So, try to get that laminated material with less heating time so you can save some time.
Warranty and build quality
As it’s a one-time investment so you should go for good build quality. So, that it can work for long-lasting. Most of the laminating machines come with 1-year of manufacturing warranty.
Buying Guide for the best Laminating Machine
Lamination is not a complicated process if the lamination machine is the best and only if you end up selecting the best from the market. With this being said, it is not that easy to select the best lamination machine from the market today, here is the list of factors that you should consider
- Size of the document – Each type of lamination machine is designed to laminate different size documents, A3, A4, A5, and A6 etc. So, before purchasing a lamination machine, have an idea of what size document you need to laminate.
- Number of lamination you need in a day – There are different types of laminators that are designed to laminate different number of laminate. Some of them are heavy-duty, some are designed for personal use, and some are designed for personal and commercial used. So, before purchasing the machine, decide the number of lamination you require in a day.
- Thickness of the document you need to laminate – Different documents comes with different thickness, most of the documents have a maximum thickness of 250 microns and common lamination machines can laminate it. However, if you want to laminate document with thickness more than 250 microns then check the specification and make sure the lamination machine is compatible to laminate your document.
- Ease of using – A lamination machine could be used by any people, it could be a kid or a grown up. However, a laminator with complicated switches is not ideal for kids and therefore, always be sure on which type of laminator to select.
The 10 machines listed above are the best available on the market today and they were selected based on the customer reviews.
However, the buying guide above will help you select the best laminating machine from the market today. Feel free to select any one of the products listed above and you will not regret it.