Steam Mops are very useful in cleaning away the tough dirt and mold. The water vapour helps to loosen the dirt particles which then can be cleared away using the mop. It is widely used by cleaning companies, particularly for sanitization purposes. The water is boiled up to 245 degrees Fahrenheit before released as water vapour. It is capable of stopping Mold and preventing further growth.
Steam Mops do not use any sort of chemicals to aid the cleaning work. As a result, it is safe for both humans as well as pets. Steam Mops also require very little preparatory work as well. While traditional mops require you to do a bit of scrubbing on the floors for improved efficiency, with steam mops there is no such need.
Factors to consider while buying a Steam Mop
- Surface Type – Steam Mops are quite fast and easy to use but they are not compatible with all kinds of surfaces. It might damage the wood on certain Hardwood floors and also could negatively affect waxed floors.
- Water Capacity – A larger water reservoir means that the mop will function longer before refilling the tank. It is better to go for Mops with a larger capacity.
- Heat-Up Time – This time can vary from 30 seconds to a few minutes depending on the model. The shorter this time, the faster you can work using the mop.
- Cleaning Pads – The purpose of these pads is to carry away the dirt that has been draped. Some models come with a single pad while others have more than one.
- Power Cord length – The length should be sufficient such that it can traverse pretty much the entire room.
- Safety Switch – Steam can be quite dangerous and therefore a switch to prevent the accidental release of steam would be a great idea.
Steam mops have unique advantages over regular cleaners. It acts as a good disinfectant, removes hard stains easily, and can also add a good aroma to your home. With all these features, it is a no-brainer to choose a steam mop for cleaning your home. The above listed are some of the best steam mops available in the market, and we hope that this post helps you in getting a good steam mop.