While I used to live in South India, to be specific Bangalore, I was first introduced to Chicken 65. There was a shop in BTM layout where almost every Friday I used to snack on chicken 65 or paneer 65. As history suggests, chicken 65 actually was first made in Tamil Nadu. From there the flavour has spread to almost every corner of India now. Today I am sharing my chicken 65 gravy version with you all. Since I cook for my family, I avoid using artificial food colours and other ingredients with preservatives. So I made this without using any of such things and with this recipe I managed to get somewhat the same color and taste as the chicken 65 I had in South India.
Total cooking time for Chicken 65 Recipe : 45 minutes
To follow us on facebook, please click here.
To follow us on twitter, please click here.
To check the Home page, click here
Ingredients for Chicken 65 Recipe cooked for 3 people :
- 400 gms boneless chicken pieces
- 5 tsp kashmiri mirch
- 1 tsp chilly powder
- 4 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- 12 curry leaves
- 2 onions – thin long slices
- 2 green chillies – sliced
- 1 tsp sugar
- Refined oil / Mustard oil
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 blanched tomatoes
Chicken 65 Recipe – The method :
- Marinate chicken with salt, 3 tsp kashmiri mirch, 1 tsp red chilli powder, garlic and ginger paste for 30 minutes
- Then, coat around the chicken pieces, some cornflour and let it rest for 15 minutes
- Now deep fry the chicken pieces in refined or Mustard oil in 3 batches. Take the chicken pieces out of the oil and keep separate
- Heat oil, drop in the onion slices and wait till color changes to pink
- Now add the green chillies and curry leaves and stir
- Add a puree of blanched tomatoes, add kashmiri mirch, cumin powder, salt and wait till oil starts to separate
- At this stage add into the wok, the chicken pieces and stir
- Add 1/2 – 1 cup of water and cook for some more time, till the gravy reaches the desired consistency
- Add 1 tsp of sugar and cover with lid. Switch off the flame
Your chicken 65 is ready to serve ! Enjoy with parantha or roti!