Chicken Rezala Recipe is a proud part of the glorious Mughlai Cuisine. People of Kolkata are extremely fond of Chicken Rezala. It goes best with naan or pulao. Its basically chicken cooked in a gravy of curd, poppy seeds and cashew nuts. It’s rich in its flavor and surely suits the royals! After all, we all are royal in our own rights ☺ Let’s check the Chicken Rezala Recipe and cook it, relish it with our family and friends.
Total cooking time for Chicken Rezala Recipe: 45 minutes
Serves 2 – 3 people
Ingredients for Chicken Rezala Recipe :
- Chicken – 450 – 500 gms ( curry cut )
- 1/2 cup of beaten curd
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds or khus khus or posto
- 15 – 20 cashew nuts
- 1 red dry chilly
- A powdered mixture of 10 black peppercorns, 15 white peppercorns, 2 cinnamon sticks, 3 green cardamoms, 7 cloves – grind with a mortar and pestle
- Refined oil
- Salt as per taste
- A paste of 1 onion, 15 garlic cloves and a tiny bit of ginger
Chicken Rezala Recipe – The method:
- Marinate chicken pieces with salt, garlic onion ginger paste, beaten curd for good half an hour at least
- Heat refined oil in a pan and drop a broken dry red chilly
- Afterwards drop into the pan the marinated chicken along with the marinades. Stir. Add powdered spices. Cover cook for 20 – 25 minutes till chicken is soft and water in the chicken has almost evaporated
- Now add the paste of roasted poppy seeds and cashew nut. Mix well with the chicken
- Add 1 cup of water and cook till the chicken is done or the desired consistency of the chicken rezala is achieved ( you may add rose water and kewra water for more aroma and flavor as well )
Serve hot with naan or pulao!
Please leave your valuable comment here on the Chicken Rezala Recipe.
To Follow/Like us at facebook, please click here.
To find more bengali recipes, please click here.
To find more chicken recipes, please click here.
To find more vegetable recipes, please click here.