In this post I have shared a step by step recipe for beginners of cooking a ‘Methi chicken or Fenugreek chicken’, a South Indian dish with detailed step by step illustration. Below is the Methi chicken or Fenugreek chicken Recipe. It’s easy to cook and wonderful in its taste.
I have used a non-stick pan for the preparation of the chicken. Non-stick cookwares have their own benefit of cooking due to the ease of handling the food. The food does not stick to the bottom of the pan and also dishes can be prepared with less quantity of oil.
Total time required for Methi chicken or Fenugreek chicken Recipe: 45 minutes
Ingredients for Methi chicken or Fenugreek chicken Recipe cooked for 3 people:
1. Chicken large curry cut 6 pieces – about 400 gm
2. 3 medium potatoes cut into halves
3. 2 medium onions cut into slices
4. 2 tsp grated ginger
5. 2 tsp grated garlic
6. 2 cinnamon sticks, 1 cardamom, 3 cloves, 5 peppercorns, 1 bay leaf – whole spices
7. Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
9. 3-4 tsp oil
10. Dry fenugreek leaveso crushed (kasauri methi)
11. 1/2 lemon juice
12. 1 tomato sliced
The Methi chicken or Fenugreek chicken Recipe (Method):
1. Marinate chicken pieces with lemon juice, salt, turmeric and chilly powder
2. Heat oil in pan and add the whole spices and let them dance until aroma comes out. Do not burn out the spices
3. Add onion slices in medium-high flame and fry till they are light brown in color. This should take 4 minutes
4. Add ginger garlic and saute for about 2 minutes
5. Add tomatoes, stir and cover cook for 2 minutes till they are soft
6. Now add marinated chicken pieces and potatoes and stir. Cover with lid on medium-high flame for 5 minutes
7. When color of chicken on bottom side turns a bit golden brown, flip sides and let the other side get nicely golden brown color in another 5 minutes
8. Now, stir and cover cook for another 7-8 minutes on medium-high flame until oil separates
9. Now add lukewarm water (2-3 cups) and cover cook for another 7-10 minutes on high flame or till chicken and potatoes are cooked
10. Lower flame and add 2 tbsp of kasuri methi and cover cook for 2 minutes. Switch off flame
Serve methi chicken with roti or rice! I am sure by now beginners must be basking in glory for the wonderful achievements they made just now!
For more chicken recipes. please click on the below link: Chicken Recipes
To follow/like us at facebook, please click here.