Palang Paneer | Spinach & Cottage cheese is a very popular dish in North India. It’s made of paneer or cottage cheese cooked in a puree of Spinach. Spinach is a very nutrient rich green and we all should consume it regularly. Iron content of Spinach is very high. This recipe is a good way to serve this nutritious green to your family. It’s served with bread / Roti. This recipe is very fast to make and can be prepared in just few minutes. So let’s check the Palang Paneer | Spinach & Cottage cheese recipe. This recipe is made with a very few ingredients yet it tastes so lovely. May be in future I will add another recipe of palang paneer where I add a little more spices. But honestly, this is the favorite version that I make.
The video link for the Palang Paneer | Spinach & Cottage cheese recipe is below. Please click to check:
Please like subscribe share if you like my channel 😀
Total cooking time of Palang Paneer | Spinach & Cottage cheese: 15 minutes
To follow us on facebook, please click here.
Serves 2 people
Ingredients for Palang Paneer | Spinach & Cottage cheese:
- Cottage cheese or paneer – 200 gm cut into cubes
- 1 big bunch of fresh Spinach leaves
- Lemon juice – 1/2 of a lemon squeezed
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil / Refined oil / ghee
- 1 onion – sliced (juliens)
- 12 cloves of garlic
- 4 green chillies
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
Palang Paneer | Spinach & Cottage cheese recipe:
- In a pot of boiling water, drop in fresh and thoroughly cleaned spinach leaves. Heat for some time. Drain water and wash in cold water. Keep it aside. This is called blanching and it retains the green color of spinach and it’s nutrients as well
- In a grinder, make a puree of Spinach leaves, garlic cloves and little water with green chillies and lemon juice added. Adding a little lemon juice helps retain the color of the green leaves
- Heat oil or ghee in a wok and let some mustard seeds and splutter in it
- Add onion and wait till it turns pinkish to light brown
- Add the Spinach puree and stir till oil starts to separate
- Add paneer or cottage cheese cubes and coat them well with the green puree. Toss gently so that paneer does not break much
- Cook for sometime till spinach is cooked and you may add little water if needed
- Cook until the needed consistency is achieved
- Switch off flame
Your Palang Paneer | Spinach & Cottage cheese is ready to be served with roti or rice!
The art of tidying up home..