As Bengalis we are fond of fish and the kinds of fish we eat are actually innumerable. One of such fish is Pomfret. Pomfrets are generally served whole. They can be small or big as well. The bigger it is the tastier it shall be. Pomfret fishes are super rich sources of omega 3 fatty acids and a good source of vitamin A and Vitamin D. Today I am going to share a very simple recipe of Pomfret fish with onion seeds | Kalo jeera pomfret.
Total time required to cook Pomfret fish with onion seeds | Kalo jeera pomfret: 20 minutes
To follow us on facebook, please click here.
To follow us on twitter, please click here.
Ingredients for Pomfret fish with onion seeds | Kalo jeera pomfret recipe cooked for 3 people:
1. 3 big Pomfret fishes
2. 1/2 tsp onion seeds or kalonji or kalo jeera
3. 2 green chillies sliced
4. 1 onion sliced into thin pieces (juliens)
5. 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
6. 1 tsp salt
7. Mustard oil
Snapshots for Pomfret fish with onion seeds | Kalo jeera pomfret recipe:
Pomfret fish with onion seeds | Kalo jeera pomfret Recipe:
1. Marinate fish with salt, turmeric and oil for 20 minutes
2. Heat oil in a wok till smoking point for deep frying
3. Fry onion juliens till golden brown. Keep separate
4. Fry the fishes properly till golden brown. Let each sides of the fish get fried for at least 3 minutes and then turn over to fry another side of it. Be delicate in handling the fishes. Keep the fried fishes aside
5. In the left over oil, add kalonji, and green chillies and let them crackle
6. Add 2 cups of water and bring to boil
7. Put the fishes inside the wok. Add the fried onions. Add salt if need be. Cover cook until fish is cooked. Switch off the flame. Let it rest for some time
Spread freshly chopped coriander leaves for garnishing. Enjoy with a thali of steamed rice.
Some Interesting Dishes:
Good picks for you to prepare a full & hearty Bengali meal